Application deadline: April 30, 2020
Before creating your account to start your application, please read carefully the important information below.
The applicant must be a senior in High School or an undergraduate attending an accredited, non-proprietary college or university and a resident of the Greater Cincinnati area unless otherwise specified in the scholarship description in the list of scholarships. All the scholarships we administer are for students pursuing their undergraduate degree. Priority is given to those pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email using the email address entered on your application. Your email address is your unique identifier in the application system. Please do not use an email address that is in use by another student.
High School Seniors: Do not use the email assigned to you by your high school since it will expire when you graduate.
Only one application is required to be considered for all the scholarships we administer.
The following documents will be required to complete your application:
Your transcript up to the first semester of the current academic year
Your resume‘ (to reflect extracurricular activities, employment and community service)
- Your 2020-2021 Student Aid Report (SAR) in its entirety
- Your 2020-2021 Financial Aid Award Notification from the college you plan to attend.
- As you are filling out the application, you will come to a point where you will be asked to upload required documents (see above). We understand that the SAR and the Financial Aid Notification may not be available by the April 30th deadline. You may “submit” the application without these documents and upload them after the deadline. However, your application will be considered incomplete until they are uploaded. Your application will be reviewed when all required documents have been uploaded.
- Also, your email address is your unique identifier in the application process. Use an email address that is uniquely yours. (Again, high school seniors, please use an email other than your high school email address).
- When saving your documents to be uploaded, do not use commas, apostrophes, or any other special characters when you name them. They will not upload if the name of your document has these characters.
To apply for a scholarship, please create an account here :
When making changes in or uploading documents to your application, you must electronically “sign” your application each time to save those changes.
Feel free to email email@example.com or call (513) 345-6701 with your questions or concerns.
About the Awarding Process
No application will be reviewed until it is completed (please see above).
Most scholarships are renewable. All of them have specific criteria. Students receiving renewable scholarships need to continue meeting the criteria of the award they are receiving in order to be renewed. Therefore those students must re-apply each year and submit the necessary documentation, proving their continued eligibility. Once these students have been renewed (or not), the Foundation will know what is available for distribution to new applicants.
Obtaining the documents needed to complete the application, either new or renewal, can take time. Filing taxes, submitting the FAFSA, waiting for the schools to “package” a student’s financial aid or a busy summer schedule of work and vacation can all delay the process. That is why the awarding of our scholarships takes place from mid-summer to well after the school year begins.
You will be notified only if you are awarded.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Questions? Send an email to info@cincinnatischolarshipfoundation or call (513)345-6701.
Records Retention Policy:
Once submitted, the application and all required documents become the property of the Cincinnati Scholarship Foundation and are subject to its Records Retention Policy